Today, we released the 1.0.19 update for the Google voice and video chat software. All current installations will begin an automatic update within the next few days. If you do not want to wait, you can visit http://www.google.com/chat/video and re-run the installer.
You can use your Gmail account to find out what version is currently installed. Simply go to the Gmail Settings page and look under the "Chat" tab. You will see the plugin version under the "Learn more" link, in small type.
Here's what's new in version 1.0.19:
- Improved efficiency of the video codec
- Improved call setup time in cases where DNS lookups are blocked
- Fixed issue where video could become corrupted during a call (green and upside down)
- Fixed issue where calls could fail to start on Windows machines with Pentium III processors
- Fixed accidental output to the debug console on Mac OS X (more info)
- Fixed several crashes that could occur when ending a call by closing the browser
- Fixed crash that could occur when the system time was set to a date before 1970
- Fixed several other crashes that could occur during calls
- Fixed issue where certain crashes would fail to be recorded properly